ABOUT THE CONSORTIUM
6 Universities (Altınbaş University acting as coordinator institution, Bahçeşehir University, Biruni University, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Foundation University, Işık University and Maltepe University), 1 Company (Kion Bilgisayar Bilişim Yazılım San. ve Tic. Ltd. Şti./ Kion Computer IT Software Industry and Trade Limited Company) 2 NGOs (Toplum Gönüllüleri Vakfı/Community Volunteers Foundation, Turkish Exporters’ Assembly) and 1 Municipality (Municipality of Bağcılar) are involved in the consortium.
Within the scope of the common objectives of Vision 2023 and Europe 2020, the ultimate goal of the Mobility Consortium is to increase the employment rate of skilled workforce and contribute to the development of a cooperative culture and cooperation between universities and industry (external stakeholders), which will bring great positive impact to the modernisation of higher education.
Within this context, the Mobility Consortium aims to
(1) Increase the quality of mobility activities through all Consortium member institutions’ expertise and experience,
(2) Provide extensive support to help students build and develop effective communication, entrepreneurial and career management skills, easily adapt to international and multicultural business environments, be proactive and take initiative to plan for their careers,
(3) Produce employable graduates that fulfil industry requirements and expectations,
(4) Establish and develop permanent cooperative relations with organisations/businesses through training/internship activities,
(5) Improve communication between universities and industry, which is their most important external stakeholder,
(6) Through mobilities for placement, render the relations established between students and industry permanent to update and revise the curriculum and/or develop new curriculum based on regular feedback from employers/students,
(7) Provide equal employment opportunities by implementing support processes for economically disadvantaged students and students with disabilities, and by taking measures to eliminate obstacles that prevent them from participating in mobility activities.
Key Action 1 – It is envisaged to help Higher Education staff/students carry out mobility activities within the scope of Learning Mobility of Individuals. In this context, we aim to build greater focus on Student Mobility for Placement, and Staff Mobility for Teaching and Training. As part of the Learning Mobility of Individuals, and in line with the above-mentioned objectives of the Mobility Consortium, it is planned to visit organisations/businesses that may potentially hire interns/trainees. Similarly, within the framework of Staff Mobility for Teaching and the above-mentioned objectives of the Consortium, it is planned to invite staff from businesses or other organisations in programme countries to teach at partner institutions involved in the consortium.