Why the Consortium? Why host an Erasmus trainee?
- Students carrying out traineeship/internship as part of the Erasmus Programme are exempt from the obligation to obtain a work permit.
- Before the mobility, all trainees shall have adequate insurance policy to cover any damages they may cause to the host organisation. Organisations, on the other hand, are not obligated to provide social security cover and insurance to the trainee.
- After thorough and comprehensive evaluation, each applicant to Erasmus Student Mobility for Placement is initially selected by the University they attend.
- Traineeship shall last from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months.
- Host organisations are not expected to provide logistical support to students concerning visa arrangements; however, they shall provide the student with a letter of acceptance.
- Although typically host organisations are not expected to provide financial support to trainees, small amounts of contributions would be very helpful.
- The Consortium may provide support to students for finding accommodation even though it is essentially students’ responsibility to find their own accommodation.
- Host organisations are expected to sign the Learning Agreement governing the scope and schedule of the traineeship/internship, and its prospective outcomes for the student. Detailed information on how to complete the Consortium Agreement will be provided to the host organisations.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org